Sunday, December 16, 2012

A New Name...no longer an orphan

This picture makes me SMILE everytime I look at.
 
I wonder if John understands the
significance of that bag with his
 new last name on it?
 
Soon he will be known as
JOHN ADEN DODGE
he will no longer be known as
D**g S*nM*ng 
 
Dang has the meaning "communitst party" and is not even considered a real last name.  It is often given to children who are abandanded and means they are "orphaned" and have no family. It means they are being taken care of by the Social Welfare Institue of China.  This is a name that identifies them as unwanted and unworhty to be loved by a family.  If they are not adopted this name sticks with them forever.
 
Dodge
means that he now belongs to our family,
he is loved by us,
he is wanted by us,
and
he is worthy to be called our son.
 
I am so thankful that one day the Lord
called me into His family,
the He loves me
that He wants me to be His child
and
I am worthy to be called His.
 
I am so thankful that He has called us to give S*nM*ng a new name and the opportunity to hear about the Lord. Ultimate opportunity to be adopted into the Lords family and receive a second new name.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment