Tuesday, September 11, 2012



When a Broken Heart is a Good Thing

Lord , thank you for breaking my heart for a little boy in China. That breaking of my heart has opened up a whole new understanding of what adoption is. I known people who have adopted and even have sweet precious friends who have adopted. I have watched them go through the process and have seen the changes it has made to their family but I don't think I realized what the Lord is able to do when He breaks your heart for an orphan.

Wow, it is actually indescribable and until you have experienced it I can't even begin to tell you what it feels like other than it is AMAZING!!! I am so humbled that he would call me (and our family) to be the mom (and family) to a child who has experienced so much lose in 9 short years. 



Yesterday I experienced my first "momma bear" feeling over John. All you moms will know exactly what I am talking about, that feeling of fighting for your child when you feel the world is mis-treating him or her.  Long story short the majority of our documents that make up our dossier has to be re-created because of a typo in what we where using as a example of how to notarized adoption documents. I stood in the Secretary of State office yesterday in St Louis and felt that momma bear coming out when I heard the words "your documents are not correct". I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs "but there is a little boy waiting in China"...and each day it takes to re-create document is one day longer he will spend in an orphanage! Larry looks and me and says "breath deep"...that is why I love him so much, he is my rock when things get crazy. I am so thankful the Lord has called us on this journey together.

So hear I stand with a broken heart for a little boy with the name D**g S*nM*ng...and that causes me to start over and re-created our documents and be that momma bear for him!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Andrea! I am so sorry to hear about the typo! How frustrating! We had so many instances of mess ups on paperwork and the majority of the time it was not on our end or it was because we weren't properly instructed of how to prepare the documents. I remember one time in particular that I thought we were ready to send everything off to be authenticated, but when I opened the package from the Secretary of State, it said "not completed" and it was because of the notarization was done incorrectly. I was so upset and thought there was no way I could redo all of those documents, especially the medical docs that had to be re-done and resigned by our doctors. Ugh. But I was reading in James and James tells us to consider it great joy when we are faced with trials of many kinds, because the testing of our faith produces perseverance and perseverance will finish a work in us so that we will be complete and not lacking anything! Well, obviously, I started over, and we did not have smooth sailing to completing the dossier, but we did it!!! And you will too!!! I am so excited to meet your sweet John/Aden. It just makes my heart happy to know that our daughter and he will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete